Spiced Orange Chai Recipe
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
Wind down with this recipe’s deliciously warm, sweet, spicy, and citrusy flavors, reminiscent of an alcohol-free old fashioned and perfect for a winter beverage.
You’ll begin by making a simple syrup inspired by masala chai, which will make your entire house smell AMAZING. Simple syrup can be prepared up to a week in advance and kept in the refrigerator. It yields six to eight servings. If you’re sharing it with a friend, make sure to double only the mocktail portion of the recipe since the rest only yields one mocktail.
- Post-Shift Mocha Chai (4 scoops)
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1-2 orange peels plus the juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 dashes orange bitters
- 4 oz of ginger kombucha
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Create simple syrup by mixing 4 scoops of Post Shift Mocha Chai with a cup of water and 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup. Make the simple syrup. In a medium pot, bring all simple syrup ingredients to a boil over low heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for at least 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Allow it to cool with the lid on, then strain the syrup into a glass jar. This will make enough syrup for 6-8 drinks.
- To make each drink, use a peeler to peel 2 pieces of the orange before juicing it. Fold one peel in half and place it inside your cocktail glass. The oil will spritz out, then wipe the peel around the inside of the glass.
- Add Ice and pour 2.5 tablespoons of the Mocha Chai simple syrup
- Add 1 oz of fresh squeezed orange juice, 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, the orange bitters, and 4 oz of ginger kombucha
- Stir and garnish with the second orange peel and cinnamon stick and enjoy!