Cocao Banana Bread
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
Cocao Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
The perfect chocolate dipped banana bread with an added bonus on 8 immune boosting mushrooms to keep you on the A- game. Incredibly tender, moist, and loaded with chocolate chips. Make it gluten-free or sub with your favorite all-purpose baking flour.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup Organic cocoa
- 4 scoops OF Daily 8 Immunity Cacao
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large brown bananas (1 ½ cups mashed)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup canola vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temp
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, Daily 8 Immunity cocoa, cacao powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and oil and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter. Check at 45 minutes, just to be safe. Oven times vary.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.